Ok, glad I got that off my chest. This week has taught me a lot. I realized that I put way to much stress on myself. I'm a perfectionist, which can be a good and a very bad thing at the same time. I try to make everything, well perfect for lack of a better word. But along the way I stress myself out while keeping it all inside. However, I've decided to change all that. FI pointed out that I need to take all of it (wedding planning, my master's project and the job search) day by day. The more I think about the long lists of things I have to do the more I want to hyperventilate. So to all of you brides-to-be out there, take time to stop and smell the roses. The planning process goes by so fast so make sure you actually enjoy it! It can get stressful sometimes but when that happens you need to take a step back. Having a drink with the girls, reading a book or spending time with the FI are just some ways to jolt you back to reality. Of course we all want our wedding day to be perfect but not at the expense of our sanity! Another great way to reduce stress is to make to-do lists for each week that way you don't feel to overwhelmed.
Even with the crazy week I can still cross things of the list:
1) Finalize the wedding day "schedule"-- This is still rough so I'm going to put this on the list for the coming week.
Here is this week's to-do list:
1) Talk to caterer to set up a taste test and discuss other questions/concerns
2) Choose a seamstress for alterations on the dress
3) Find under-the-dress essentials
4) Figure out what things to be bought or rented for the ceremony/reception
5) Finalize the wedding day "schedule"
Have a great weekend everyone and remember to take time to stop and smell the roses :)!