Friday, February 25, 2011

Progress and List for Next week

I can't believe that it's been a week since my last post. I wanted to post earlier but I've been a busy little bee this week focusing on my to-do list. I'm happy to report that I've accomplished a lot this week and I get to cross things off the list :)  :

1). Call and confirm hotel room reservations/blocks for out-of-town guests: I've been corresponding with one hotel in particular (Garfield Suites Hotel), I just need to make sure the rooms are actually reserved for our guests---I'm happy to report that I booked rooms with Garfield Suites Hotel (10 rooms for Friday night and 20 rooms for Sat night, the night of our wedding. I definitely recommend Garfield Suites Hotel for any Cincinnati Bride looking to book rooms. I worked with Mick Douthat and he's great. I would e-mail him if you're interested in working with him (mick@garfieldsuiteshotel.com).
2) Invitations: Make a decision on whether or not we're going to DIY them or buy them. We're planning on sending them out April 23rd, so we need to choose our invitations asap.---We found our invitations!!! We decided to go with www.weddingpaperdivas.com . We're going to do pocket folds so there will be some assembling on our part but not much. Since I don't want to spend a lot on paper, we're going to use Vista Print to make the RSVP, Enclosure, Accommodation and Song Request cards. I'm all about saving money :).
I'll show you what we decided on once we've ordered them. 

3) Find a location for the rehearsal dinner- I really need to get on top of this because I'm afraid everything is going to be just about booked. Casey and I want something fun and intimate for our guests...and laid-back. I have a couple of ideas about where we could do this but we'll see what happens.--Thanks to Melissa's suggestion we've decided to look at Pompilio's . I just hope they're not booked already!

4) Update our wedding website with information like accommodations,etc--I did this last night after I received  our confirmation e-mail from Garfield Suites. I even created a "Things to Do in Cincinnati" list for our guests.
5) Finalize the wedding day "schedule"--This is the only thing that is not finalized yet. We have an idea of when we want to do things the day of but we need to finalize this/make sure it will work.


I'm so proud of everything we got accomplished this past week. I think creating a small list to do every week helps to reduce stress. Plus it's a great to be able to check things off the list each week. I would recommend this for any bride planning their wedding!

Okay, so my to-do list for next week is:

1) Finalize the wedding day "schedule"
 2)  finalize wording for invitations and order them
 3) confirm rehearsal dinner site and menu
 4) finalize groom's and groomsmen attire

Oh and one last thing. Last Friday I mentioned that Casey and I did something to celebrate the 4-month mark. So for all of you waiting on the edge of your seats.........we got TATTOOS!!! Before you freak out, we didn't get each other names.hahaha. Both of our tattoos reflect something about Costa Rica, the place where we got engaged. We have about 3 more weeks until they heal, so you'll have to wait until then to see pics!

Hope everyone has a great Friday night :)!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! The venue is great. Its a great canvas for so many creative ideas! Rustic Vintage theme is going to be purrrrfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't forget to get the checklist book today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Tattoos!! :D
    I'll be getting my next one after the wedding.
    Can't wait to see them!
    Good job on all the checks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mel's World- I'm so happy with the theme. I think you're right it's going to work well with the venue. I'm getting the book tomorrow...i forgot to buy it the other day.

    @Chic Fit Geek- Thanks :). I will be posting pics in a couple of weeks. What are you thinking about getting?

    ReplyDelete